Here’s the rules, now that you’re nominated!
- Thank the person who nominated you, and put a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Write a 150-300 word post about your favourite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself. (This year I’m making this optional. If you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about you).
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here or simply link to this post.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to.
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post or mine (Jack Henry) if you don’t have all the information so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!) Post a comment in the comments below (on the website https://theglobalaussie.com/blog/liebster-award-2017/ ) so I (Jack Henry) can view your post and check out your blog. I (Jack Henry) personally visit each and everyone.I (Jack Henry) visited a few hundred last year!!!
If you haven’t had the wonderful opportunity of reading her work, then please, take time to stop by and browse. I do mean that literally as she is completely adorable. Her words, spoken from the heart mean worlds to me as a reader and I believe you’ll also find her enriching and meaningful.
The world of the day today is “neighbor”. In that regard, I include all involved in Word Press Community. Although I am unable to reach many at this time as a result of problems with coding, I want you all to know that I hold you, each and every one in the utmost regard and highest esteem. Why? Because you are willing to lay your soul bare, writing about topics near and dear to your heart, by writing poetry and verse that is meaningful to you and in doing so, share who you are leaving each of you feeling if not a lot vulnerable, a little vulnerable. I never really thought about it, in regard to myself, but yes, I do feel vulnerable. Not in what I say, as I write from the heart, unquestionably, but when many couldn’t reach me, nor I them, I felt hurt at heart, and vulnerable because I was touched and warmed and encouraged by each of you that dropped by to read a little bit of what I have written. It has meant worlds to me and I was for a time discouraged and tried everything in my power to fix the problem, only to realize it wasn’t on my end.
It is exceedingly difficult for me to choose one out of the many to celebrate. Each person who write a poem, a story, an article of interest is baring their soul in the most vulnerable of ways. Choosing one of the many when so many are brilliant and precious to me is quite the task.
So after much deliberation, I have chosen Cheryl at https://biaatlas.wordpress.com
When I first showed up on WP 1 1/2 years ago now (how the time flies) she was one of the first to comment on what I’d written, whether a poem, a story, or something amusing like Maxine.
She visits many sites and without fail has proven to herself to be encouraging and her words thoughtful and endearing.
Cheryl never fails to encourage and assist others to enhance their writing by taking time from her busy schedule writing her own novels Biaatlis and her newest latest endeavour.
Through all, she has given unstintingly of herself and what she’s learned and uncovered regarding writing, editing, publishing and how to and who to send your novel to. She’s included her responses and thoughts regarding dismissals and outright rejections and ways to cope and respond accordingly.
I for one have valued the time and effort she’s put into making this information available to other would be novelists and writers in order to assist in making their work better, improved.
For all her efforts, I believe she deserves the Liebster award and more. A resounding heartfelt thank you from the bottom of me pump.
Things about me no one knows. Hmm well that would be difficult in some respects as I’ve been an open book regarding my life experiences through what I write but I’ll give it a go.
I can no longer drive as the window of light is too narrow as I can’t see in the dark, dusk, shadows or in bright light.
I am disabled not only due to loss of sight, but because of arthritis which chains me to my chair and makes walking any distance difficult.
I worked in the service industry at the Chamber of Commerce for 10 years and was completely humbled and delighted at the reception to the efforts at finding accommodation, Things to See and Do in the community, booking places to stay in other areas coming and going, trains planes busses and car (and their accompanying routes) which was above and beyond the call, but something I was willing to do.
I live in a new community, 30 years (in Hardy) and back to Nanaimo, where both my children were born.
My books are all written about locations on Vancouver Island and the sites I’ve visited personally and roads I’ve driven endlessly.
I was asked to become a model from the time I was 16 to as much as 20 years ago (and I was not concerned about doing so) as inner beauty was more important to me than outer which I was given and had nothing to do with me so I didn’t feel it should be celebrated. (In hindsight, I was a dunce – I could have been rich!!!) lol no, that wasn’t a serious comment
I’m drawn to sincerity, humour, humility, and find all poems, stories and verse that touches my soul as the highlight of my day.
I am very involved with my children and grand children on a daily bases and touched at the opportunity to have them part of my life.
I LOVE humour, excellent acting, photography and music in a movie as well as storyline.
I nominate https://teepee12.com/ Marilyn and Garry (who stuck by me throughout my nonwilling disappearing act, and because they include beautiful photography, snippets of their lives, willingness to share who they are, their wit, humour and words of comfort and wisdom.
I also nominate https://marthakennedy.blog/ Martha, whose daily offerings are so heartwarming.
Another is https://thesarahdoughty.wordpress.com/ Sarah who unerringly offers insiteful and beauty in her words and thoughts.
I would indeed be remiss if I didn’t include https://charlesewaugh.com/ Charles, who has been a touching addition to my life. His photography, his prose, his words are always thoughtful and welcome.
A write unafraid delving into different worlds of writing https://cimmeriansentiment.wordpress.com/2017/07/12/new-upcoming-story-be Cimm. I look in on her every day.
https://soulgifts.com.au/ Raili, who recently wrote an absolutely delightful 3 part series (I won’t include you must go see for yourself, it was brilliant) among the other delights she offers.
http://sillyoldsod.com/ who constantly delights me with his humour. Go Trev!
https://lucciagray.com/ Luccia, a delightful novelist who always responds whenever you chat with her and her writing is obviously superb.
Last but not least, https://ercloudwalker.wordpress.com/2017/09/ who constantly offers snippets of delight.